Law No. 84-11 of June 9, 1984 on the Family Code, amended and supplemented by Ordinance No. 05-02 of February 27, 2005.
The kafala (legal fostering) is the commitment to take charge of the maintenance, education and protection of a minor child in the same way as a father would for his child. Kafala (legal fostering) is established by legal act before the judge or the notary.
A- BASIC CONDITIONS TO BENEFIT FROM KAFALA
- The applicant must be Muslim, sensible and honest (art.118 of the Family Code)
- The maximum age required is 60 for men and 55 for women.
- The resources must be equal to or greater than 915 euro, after deduction of all expenses.
- Applicants must provide evidence of healthy and decent housing.
B- CONSTITUTION OF THE KAFALA APPLICATION FILE
- A request for motivation addressed to the Minister of Employment and National Solidarity / Department of Social Action and Support Arrangements, under the supervision of the Algerian Ambassador in The Hague
- A copy of the applicants’ consular registration card
- Applicants’ birth certificates
- Family record of the couple
- Applicants’ criminal records, issued by the competent Dutch authorities
- Certificate of employment accompanied by the last three pay slips
- Proof of accommodation (property title or rental contract or rent receipt)
- Medical certificates of good health of the spouses, signed by the attending physician.
The admission of the deceased to the national territory is subject to the issue of an authorization for the transfer of the body established by the consular service on the basis of the documents listed below, issued by the authorities of the country of residence:
- The death certificate
- The burial permit
- The certificate of non-epidemiology
- The coffin burial report
- The mortuary pass (transport authorization).
The transfer of the mortal remains of an Algerian national is not subject to the prior agreement of the Communal People’s Assembly (APC) of the place of burial (except in the event of death by contagious disease).
For foreigners whose families have expressed the wish that they be buried on national territory, the agreement of the competent Algerian authorities (APC and Wilaya of the place of burial) must be sought.
Note: In case of death due to COVID19 infection, please contact our services.